CDL Permit Prep- Tankers

This course has information needed to pass the CDL knowledge test for driving a tank vehicle. Topics covered include:

  • Inspecting Tank vehicles
  • Driving Tank vehicles
  • Safe driving Rules

A tank endorsement is required if your vehicle needs a Class A or B CDL and you want to haul a liquid or liquid gas in a tank or tanks having an individual rated capacity of more than 119 gallons and an aggregate rated capacity of 1000 gallons or more that is either permanently or temporarily attached to the vehicle or the chassis. A tank endorsement is also required for Class C vehicles when the vehicle is used to transport hazardous materials in liquid or gas form in the above described rated tanks. The liquid or gas does not have to be a hazardous material.
Before loading, unloading, or driving a tanker, inspect the vehicle. This makes sure that the vehicle is safe to carry the liquid or gas and is safe to drive.